pombe electroporation problem

Karen Yoas yoas at cfox.bchs.uh.edu
Tue Apr 22 10:35:19 EST 1997

I have a set of tetrad products that need to be transformed with a
plasmid.

Most of the tetrad products have been transformed with the plasmid
using the LiOAc procedure except for the products of a particular
mating.  I have 7 mutants which were each mated back to a wild type
strain.  Five sets of tetrad products from each mating have been
analyzed except for one mutant.

I have tried LiOAc transformation and the electroporation procedure
with no success for 1/2 of the progeny.  The plasmid is essential in my
system.

Two of the tetrad products transformed with the plasmid were tested and
found to be wild type of all five sets of tetrad products from the
mating.  I am unable to transform the other two tetrad products with
the plasmid to test them.

Suggestions please?  My defense date is looming.