Library Transformation

Greg Cosentino cosentino at medcor.mcgill.ca
Tue Apr 8 12:19:20 EST 1997

Hi,

I'm trying to transform a yeast genomic library (from ATCC) into S.
cerevisiae using the LiAc protocol. With other constructs, I can achieve
efficiencies in the range of 10e4 to 10e5 transformants per ug DNA.
However, with the library I am only getting 10e2! Could this difference be
explained by the average size of the library construct? The vector is 8.5
kb and the inserts are 9-12 kb. I am supposing the larger constructs are
more difficult to get in... but a 2-3 order of magnitude difference is a
little hard to believe.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Greg

--