5-FOA problems?

Dean H. Saxe dsaxe at bimcore.emory.edu
Mon Oct 28 16:22:18 EST 1996

I have been having some strange problems with 5-FOA lately.  I have
strains with direct repeats of URA3 and ura3 Delta NcoI which, in the
past, papped like crazy on 5-FOA.  In the past few months however,
nothing seems to pap well, nor consistently on 5-FOA.  I have checked
everything, including using a different stock of 5-FOA from another lab
to no avail.  I am absolutely sure that my strains have one wild type
URA3 and one frameshift allele and that they are in direct repeat
orientation.  I am stumped why I cannot get them to pap!  Any help or
advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Dean

--
Dean H. Saxe		"Life gives us hurdles, and we must jump,
dsaxe at bimcore.emory.edu  and if you fall, you get your ass back up!"