synthetic lethal screen

x at cornell.edu x at cornell.edu
Thu Nov 7 22:28:30 EST 1996

In article <v01530506aea56bf3d04c@[129.24.169.62]>, maggieww at MAIL.UNM.EDU
(M Werner-Washburne) wrote:

> Does anyone have an ADE3 plasmid that has a marker other than LEU and URA?
> Thanks, Maggie WW

I don't, but I've used a plasmid with just ADE3 and my gene of interest
and selected for the plasmid by selecting for the His+ phenotype conferred
by ADE3--   yeast needs ADE3 in order to made histidine. It's something to
consider if you just need to select for the plasmid, though I think for a
colony sectoring screen it's really useful to have a second marker on the
plasmid anyway.

--Daniel Schott

dhs3 at cornell.edu