Knockouts

Paul DiBello Paul1 at biomed.med.yale.edu
Fri Mar 29 17:04:36 EST 1996

Hi
                I am about to make a gene disruption in S.c. with a
rescuing
plasmid already transformed into the cell.  Since the disruption
construct was made from the rescue construct, I expect to find
disruptions in the plasmid as well as the genome.  Does anyone out
there know what kind of frequency I should expect for plasmid to
genomic disruptions?  Should I think of a different approach.
Thanx.

-Paul DiBello