yeast transcription factor binding sites software?

killer yeast vvsvetlov at utmem1.utmem.edu
Thu Mar 21 08:15:24 EST 1996

In article <4iot0j$c6e at selene.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de>, Eckhard Boles
<boles at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:

> Does anybody know of a software tool or an access to a database with
> yeast transcription factor binding sites, or a program for the detection
> of consensus matches in DNA sequences recognised by yeast transcription
> factors.
>
> Many thanks for your help.
> Eckhard
>

> Dr. Eckhard Boles
> Institut fuer Mikrobiologie
> Universitaet Duesseldorf
> Germany
> boles at uni-duesseldorf.de

One thing on the Net that allows you to search for transcription factor
binding sites using yeast or plant, vertebrate and arthropode databases is
server courtesy of our Japanese colleagues that can be found at
http://www.genome.ad.jp/SIT/TFSEARCH.html
I find it very useful. We still use our own mapping module from DNASTAR
package where I inserted consensus binding sites for yeast factors as
"new" restriction enzymes. This allows "mapping" with binding sites of an
entire chromosome at once. This works fairly well.
Regards,
V. Svetlov

--
"EVOLUTION TO A BIOLOGIST IS WHAT SEX IS TO A NORMAL PERSON"
 Dr. S. Carroll