REQUEST: S. pombe lab strain, expression vector

SL Forsburg susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu
Sun Mar 17 14:40:01 EST 1996

Arle Kruckeberg wrote:

> Hello out there--
> Can anyone provide me with a good expression vector for Schiz. pombe?
> The usual desirable features (ars1/stb for stability, a good
> auxotrophic marker like leu1 or ura4), and a well-regulated promoter
> (such as the nmt1 promoter or glucocorticoid response element system).
> Also a good, standard strain that is auxotrophic for the marker on the
> vector, and is otherwise more or less wildtype? And, please, a map of
> the vector and/or appropriate references? If you can help, please drop
> me a line.

The  REP class of nmt vectors sounds like what you need, as they
are quite standard in the community.  However, they lack the stb
element and the Leu+ version uses cerevisaie LEU2 rather than
pombe leu1+.  This is also fairly standard.

Check out our pombe vector web page for specifics including maps
and refs (http://flosun.salk.edu/~forsburg/vectors.html).  If you are
interested in the REP-X series (which I constructed to get rid of the
ATG in the polylinker) drop me a line and I'll get you started.

If any of you other lurking pombe people have plasmids
that should be added to our vector page (requirements:  plasmids
of general use that you are willing to share), let me know
 so I can add them to the list.

--susan, gone fission on the web

--
S L Forsburg