(no subject)

R.J. Davenport rjd23 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Mar 6 18:49:42 EST 1996

hello,
can anyone with responses to rich buckholtz please post them to me/the
whole newsgroup as well please?? I have been trying to mate a with alpha
cells in liquid culture, and have found an apparently very low frequency
of diploids unless i have one mating type greatly in excess of the other.
I assume this is just to do with probability of meeting another mating
type cell, but does the mating cycle also depend on growth rate (so
will/won't occur in a dense culture)?
thanks very much!
romola

Romola Davenport