quantazyme-does it work?

Deb Britt debbritt at brownvm.brown.edu
Thu Jun 6 16:13:39 EST 1996

I just got some information on a new product, called Quantazyme ylg, Yeast
Lytic enzyme, from Quantum Biotechnologies, Inc.  I am thinking of trying
it and wondered if anyone else has used it and had good/bad results.  My
applications would be spheroplasting cells for immunofluorescence, or
breaking yeast to do Westerns.  The current protocol we have for breaking
cells involves urea, beads and boiling, and seems like it would be pretty
hard on some antigens.  Thanks in advance

Deb

--
Deborah Britt, Ph.D.
Medical Oncology