low ade recipe

Michael Hamilton mhamilto at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Tue Jul 9 23:16:58 EST 1996

In article <31E0C63C.21BD at macmailgw.dfci.harfard.edu>,
abhijit_datta at macmailgw.dfci.harvard.edu wrote:

> Does anyone have a good low adenine cerevisiae yeast media recipe?
> Yes I have looked in the archives but did not find anything specific.

Um, you didn't specify the reason for the media, so it's a little
difficult to know what to tell you.  If you want to enhance the ade2/ade1
red colony color, we've used a modified YEPD recipe with very good results
(YD normally is adenine limiting).  The only change is using 2/3 the
standard amount of yeast extract.  The red color develops very quickly and
with much stronger intensity.
   As far as other applications, make defined media in 100 ml chunks, and
add different concentrations of  adenine.  test each one with your
application.

Hope this helps

Mikey