help with wild yeast collection

Duncan Greig duncan.greig at st-cross.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jul 5 11:11:36 EST 1996

Hi. We are collecting isolates of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and
S.paradoxus from oak tree bark for a project on the population
structure of wild yeast. It is important that our isolates are
genetically diverse so we would like to get samples from all around
Britain. If anyone would like to help we would be extremely grateful
for small samples of oak tree bark or sap, which should be wrapped in
cling-film or put in a sterile tube and posted to me:

Duncan Greig,
Yeast Genetics,
Institute of Molecular Medicine,
Oxford University,
John Radcliffe Hospital,
Oxford OX3 9DU

Take care to avoid contamination with your lab strains, we want wild
yeasts.
Please put a note in with your name, address and the location of the
tree. We don't care what species of oak it is. Any strains we get from
your sample will be named with your initials (unless you request
otherwise), so you will be immortalised in any publications that
result from the use of your strain!
My phone number is 01865 222 405 - please phone or email if you would
like more information.
Thanks for your help.