yeast expression vector

Falson falson at verlaine.saclay.cea.fr
Wed Jul 3 02:40:05 EST 1996

Amornrat PHONGDARA wrote:

> Dear netter;
>         I am going to express a gene from plant in yeast. Anybody could
> suggest a good and commercial available expression vector.
> Thank you;
> Dr. Amornrat Phongdara
> pamornra at ratree.psu.ac.th

We are using a non-commercial-but-efficient system of protein expression
in the yeast. It is a galctose-inducible  expression-plasmid designed by
D. Pompon and co-workers (CGM, gif sur Yvette, france). In our hands we
are expressing 5 mg/liter of a membrane protein, which represents a
rather high yield for this type of protein but rather low compared to a
soluble protein.
more information : falson at verlaine.saclay.cea.fr
Pierre Falson