Need recipe for low pH YPD plates

Solange S de Camargo scamargo at usp.br
Fri Oct 20 05:44:13 EST 1995

Dear Louis,

	I think you should make the agar solution at 3.0 % (2-fold
concentrated) alone.  Autoclave it and then mix to the YP medium,
also previously autoclaved and previously prepared at the
desired pH. Then, you should homogeneize it and add dextrose.
	I guess your problem is because the low pH and the high
temperature are hydrolizing the proteins of the agar.
	Good luck!

	Solange