Measurement of Nucleic acids from Yeast

Edward Varga ucecegv at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Oct 19 03:04:46 EST 1995

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in measuring the release of nucleic acids from a yeast strain
during homogenisation. Any ideas on methods to use? I'm not really after
a hugely complicated 10 step quatitative analysis, a simple method will do.
For example, could I try measuring an absorbance with a spectrophotometer?

thanks in advance, and let me know if this is the wrong group for this type of
question

Cheers,
Ed
e.varga at ucl.ac.uk