Yeast production

Haze hlr at aber.ac.uk
Wed Oct 11 13:23:07 EST 1995

In 1984 the world market for baker's yeast was estimated to be 1 million
tonnes per annum (Berry, D.R. (1989). Growth of Yeast. In Fermentation Process
Development of Industrial Organisms, ed. Neway, J.O. 277-311. 4. New York:
Marcel Dekker, Inc.). Could anyone let me have a more recent figure (and
source) for yeast production (baker's or otherwise)?

Many thanks,

Hazel