test of SGD-INFO list

Michael Lichten lichten at HELIX.NIH.GOV
Wed Oct 4 15:07:01 EST 1995

(Sent to Mike Cherry, but posted to yeast at net.bio.net as well)

Dear Mike,

I don't see any point in getting the same messages twice.  If you plan to
mail all announcements to the yeast newsgroup, then take me off the SGD
list.

BTW, I have put the CD-rom edition (version 2.4) of the database onto an
optical disk, and was happily running it from there.  But of course it is
now 6 months out of date, which is a long time when you consider how fast
chromosome sequences are appearing.  Is there anyway to download a more
current version of the data which will run with the executable that you
sent out on the CD-rom?  I find the search functions on the WWW pages to be
extremely useful, but for visualizing chromosomes and sequence/gene
neighbors, the pictorial maps are really handy, and trying to work them via
Netscape with a one button mouse is kinda frustrating.  Is there anything
other than the database file itself that needs to change?  I mean, it's
only 70 megabytes ;-)

A bient=F4t, Tot weerziens, Later

Michael Lichten
lichten at helix.nih.gov