FACS and yeast

Andrei Popov ANDREI.POPOV at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Oct 4 16:17:10 EST 1995

>Hello!
>
>I would like to perform cell sorting analyses of S. cerevisiae but the
>responsible of the cell sorter (an immunologist...) wants the best
>protocol to wash the machine in order to avoid the contamination of his
>favorite lymphocytes.
>
>So could you give me such a protocol?
>
>Thank you
>
>Daniel

Hi
cant help with protocol, but:
we are doing ES cells/yeast fusion and after fusion we hardly
can see any growing yeast though the original amount is around
20x10e6 cells per fusion tube.
The cells are plated after fusion in DMEM+FCS and the yeast is
AB1380 which is ade2 etc...
Something (adenin???) is missing in DMEM, so maybe you can just show these
guys that your strain is not lethal to their cultures?

Best wishes

Andrei