Unidirectional GAL1-10 promoter?

Dean H. Saxe dsaxe at bimcore.emory.edu
Mon Oct 2 22:45:57 EST 1995

I am interested in constructing a unidirectional GAL1-10 promoter but I
have a couple of questions.  Has anyone looked at the rates of
transcription and the regulation of such a construct?  I am specifically
interested in whether or not the promoter is still tightly regulated by
Gal4p and Gal80p and if there is a significant increase / decrease in the
rates of transcription from the promoter.

If anyone can provide me with any information on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dean H. Saxe

--
Dean H. Saxe		"Life gives us hurdles, and we must jump,
dsaxe at bimcore.emory.edu  and if you fall, you get your ass back up!"