"Best" text/reference on yeast?

Michael Hamilton mhamilto at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Thu Nov 23 23:49:03 EST 1995

aquilla at salus.med.uvm.edu (Tracy Aquilla) wrote:

>I'm a molecular biologist with a personal interest in yeast: I'm also a
>homebrewer. I'd like to learn the gory details about S. cerevisiae and I'm
>looking for a good comprehensive technical reference or a textbook. I'm
>especially interested in the details of metabolism, general biochemistry,
>and genetics. Any suggestions? Is there a "bible" of yeast biology? Thanks.
>    Tracy

	For molecular biology and general technical -type stuff, the best
reference I've found is the Methods in Enzymology issue (vol192, I
think).  It has also been released as a special paperback edition.
	For the homebrew info, check out the mycology pages in the WWW Virtual
Library.   I don't have the link handy, but you can get to it via the
Saccharomyces Genome Database (somewhere in www.stanford.com)
Michael Hamilton                      Dept of Biol Sci
oughta-be PhD                         U of Alberta
                                      Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2E9
Ph    403-492-1103                    Canada
FAX   403-492-1903