E-mail address of Dr. Boumans

francis at NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV francis at NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV
Wed Nov 22 16:20:01 EST 1995

Igor Zeman (IZEMAN at sk.uniba.fns) asks:

> does anybody know the e-mail address of Dr. Boumans ?
>
> Author of the article: Identification of additional homologues of
> subunits VII and VIII of the ubiquinol-cytochrome c oxidoreductase
> enables definition of consensus sequences. FEBS Lett. 368, 105-109
> (1995)

I do not have the address for Dr Boumans, but I checked the abstract in
Entrez (attached below) and I note that Les is a co-author ... and I do
have his address:

GRIVELL, les a.                 GRIVELL at BIO.UVA.NL

regards,

francis

--
| B.F. Francis Ouellette
| GenBank
|
| francis at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

FEBS Lett 368: 105-109  (1995) [95339952]

Identification of additional homologues of subunits VII and VIII of the
ubiquinol-cytochrome c oxidoreductase enables definition of consensus
sequences.

H. Boumans, J. A. Berden & L. A. Grivell

E.C. Slater Institute, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

The Candida utilis QCR7 gene encoding subunit VII of the
ubiquinol-cytochrome c oxidoreductase was isolated by functional
complementation of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae subunit VII-null
mutant. Several other subunit VII homologues as well as homologues for
subunit VIII were identified by screening the GenBank database. Some of
these homologues for subunit VII could only be identified as such using
a consensus sequence that was derived from the multiple sequence
alignment. Definition of the consensus should facilitate further
analysis of structure/function relationships in this protein.

MeSH Terms:
  Amino Acid Sequence
  Base Sequence
  Candida/genetics
  *Consensus Sequence
  DNA, Fungal
  Databases, Factual
  Escherichia coli
  Genes, Fungal
  Molecular Sequence Data
  Mutation
  Saccharomyces cerevisiae/genetics
  Sequence Homology, Amino Acid
  Support, Non-U.S. Gov't
  Ubiquinol-Cytochrome-c Reductase/*chemistry/genetics

Gene Symbols:
  QCR7

Substances:
  DNA, Fungal
  Ubiquinol-Cytochrome-c Reductase (EC 1.10.2.2)