"Best" text/reference on yeast?

SLForsburg susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu
Mon Nov 20 10:19:28 EST 1995

aquilla at salus.med.uvm.edu (Tracy Aquilla) wrote:
>I'm a molecular biologist with a personal interest in yeast: I'm also a
>homebrewer. I'd like to learn the gory details about S. cerevisiae and I'm
>looking for a good comprehensive technical reference or a textbook. I'm
>especially interested in the details of metabolism, general biochemistry,
>and genetics. Any suggestions? Is there a "bible" of yeast biology?

For yeast biology, the best bible is the Cold Spring Harbor series
on the molecular biology of hte yeast Saccharomyes.  The 1981 volumes
sit well thumbed on many shelves. Two out of the three volumes of the
second edition are available from Cold Spring Harbor and they've been
promising number three for a couple of years now.  They are nice enough
to publish them in paperback as well as hardcover which makes them
more affordable.

I dont have any connection with CSH, I'm just waiting for Vol. 3!

S L Forsburg
susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu
http://flosun.salk.edu/users/forsburg/lab.html
 "I don't speak for the Institute,