"Best" text/reference on yeast?

Tracy Aquilla aquilla at salus.med.uvm.edu
Thu Nov 16 17:05:21 EST 1995

I'm a molecular biologist with a personal interest in yeast: I'm also a
homebrewer. I'd like to learn the gory details about S. cerevisiae and I'm
looking for a good comprehensive technical reference or a textbook. I'm
especially interested in the details of metabolism, general biochemistry,
and genetics. Any suggestions? Is there a "bible" of yeast biology? Thanks.
    Tracy