postdoc position

Jean Beggs JBEGGS at SRV0.BIO.ED.AC.UK
Fri Nov 17 09:14:42 EST 1995

THE USE OF TWO-HYBRID INTERACTION SCREENS TO CONSTRUCT A PROTEIN
LINKAGE MAP OF NUCLEAR PROTEINS INVOLVED IN RNA METABOLISM IN
SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAE.

A postdoctoral position will be available from January 96 for 3 years
funded by the European Commission's Biotechnology Programme. This is
part of a collaborative project involving six European laboratories
to construct a protein linkage map of nuclear proteins involved
in RNA metabolism in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. The aim is to use
two-hybrid interaction screens to identify the network of proteins
involved in various aspects of RNA metabolism, including
transcription, RNA splicing and RNA transport, and at the interfaces
between these pathways.
My research group works on nuclear pre-mRNA splicing in yeast (eg
see Teigelkamp et al., EMBO J..14:2602-2612, 1995) and I
am looking for an enthusiastic postdoc with some relevant
experience who will  investigate protein interactions involved in
nuclear pre-mRNA splicing.
My research group will soon move into new, purpose built laboratories
in a very active and stimulating research environment within the
Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Edinburgh.
Non-EC nationals are eligible subject to obtaining a UK work permit.
Those interested please send CV and details of referees asap either
by e-mail or Fax.
Professor Jean D. Beggs
Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology
University of Edinburgh