2 hybrid positive clone

Michael Moser moser at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Fri Nov 10 11:18:16 EST 1995

On 3 Nov 1995, Tang Hsin Yao wrote:

> So the question is, aside from activation domains, are there any other
> protein domains that can give such positive result?

Dear Hsinyao,
	Many fusions have this property, even if they are not "activation
domains".  Although they obviously appear to fit the definition.  I found
that GAL4 and LexA-fission yeast or GAL4 and LexA-human calmodulin are
potent activators of transcription.  Yet GAL4-budding yeast calmodulin is
a poor activator (See Geiser, et al.  Mol Cell Biol.  1993).  Go figure!
Sincerely,

Mike Moser                                             Tel: 206-543-5354
UW Department of Biochemistry                          FAX: 206-685-1792
Box 357350                                        moser at u.washington.edu
Seattle, WA  98195-7350                     Make peace my beast is yeast