2 hybrid positive clone

Tang Hsin Yao mcbthy at leonis.nus.sg
Thu Nov 2 20:53:15 EST 1995

Hi! I have been using the 2 hybrid system to detect protein interaction.
I found that when I fuse my protein of interest with the DNA binding
domain of  GAL4, it can activate transcription of the lacZ. Naturally the
conclusion is that my protein of interest contains an activation domain.
However immuno-staining localizes the protein the the plasma membrane. So
the question is, aside from activation domains, are there any other
protein domains that can give such positive result?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hsinyao Tang
mcbthy at leonis.nus.sg