electroporation question

Dan Deaguiar ddeaguia at oeb.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 8 12:47:07 EST 1995

Hi again, just have a quick question about yeast electroporation. I have
2 protocols...One says to use 5 micro-grams of DNA and the other says to
transform with no more than 100ng. I have read that you should use no
more than 100ng for transformation by electroporation because the
efficiency will drop at high concentrations of DNA. Is this true? If so,
does anyone know why?

Thanx,

Dan D.