(none)

shah at RESUNIX.RI.SICKKIDS.ON.CA shah at RESUNIX.RI.SICKKIDS.ON.CA
Wed Nov 8 10:14:58 EST 1995

Hello yeast people,
My sister who is an undergrad is doing an experiment with saccaromyces
cerevisiae.  She is checking the amount of CO2 produced by yeast when grown
in the presence of different carbon sources.  We were wondering if the
numbers she is getting makes sense and why.  Here are the numbers:

Glucose         40 (arbitrary units)
Fructose        23
Galactose        5
Maltose          7
Lactose         0.5
Sucrose         24

We have looked up literature about carbon utilization by yeast but we have
not been able to obtain information for all of the carbon sources used
here.
Thanks for your attention and we thank you in advance for your help.
Sherry