Purifying YAC DNA from PFGE gels

Andy Grierson grierson at amc.uva.nl
Fri Nov 3 12:35:42 EST 1995

Hi Yeast DUdes

Is it possible to extract YAC DNA, for subsequent restrction analysis, from
PFGE gels.  We were hoping to get around cloning everything (yeast and YAC DNA)
and then selecting COT-1 positive clones (the YAC DNA), as we only really want
to ligate "bubble" linkers and go further using a "bubble" pcr primer and a
known sequence we have detected with hybridisation.

Many thanks for any information

Cheers

Andy Grierson
Neurology G2-108