obtaining yeast clones from the sequencing project

Mark Johnston mj at SEQUENCER.WUSTL.EDU
Wed Nov 1 17:08:19 EST 1995

Hi buddies,

Caroline Adler wrote:

>The best way to obtain genomic sequencing clones is to write to the primary
>investigator sequencing the region of the chromosome you are interested in.

        Another way is to get them from the ATCC.   All of the cosmids
sequenced in St. Louis have deposited with the ATCC, as well as some others
that were sequenced in Cambridge (Barrell), and the Riles-Olson clones that
were sequenced by the EEC.  You can search for the clone name at:
http://www.atcc.org/ and even order the clones via the Web (I think).  In
case you have problems, I believe the contact person at ATCC is:  Tamara
Feldblyum (tamaraf at atcc.org).

Bye,

        Mark Johnston
        Department of Genetics Box 8232