Hi, all yeasties,
I'm about to do some b-gal assay. What I'm thinking is just to
permeabilize the cell, not to make cell extract. My question is whether I
can freeze the samples after resuspend them in Z buffer. The protocol
from the red book says I should place them on ice. But if I need to wait
for a substantial amount of time before I can do the first sample, is
there a time limit as to how long I can keep the sample on ice? If frozen
sample is not a problem for this protocol, it will be much easier.
Thanks for your response in advance.