secreted enzymes from yeasts: a request

BiotecBurd biotecburd at aol.com
Tue Jul 18 17:41:03 EST 1995

Try using Saccharomyces carlsbergensis (uvarum) and its
alpha-galactosidase.  This enzyme is induced by galactose and repressed by
glucose.

For your interest, we have a lab  manual coming out in September
(Birkhauser, Boston) which uses this bug for a source of protein and DNA.
The manual goes step by step in a process which involves protein
purification, characterization, probe design, cloning, gene
characterization, and sequence application.

Let me know if you need additional details.  Good luck.

Dave Burden
Biotechnology Training Institute
672 Rt. 202-206 North
Bridgewater, NJ 08807