Vector for Library Construction?

AL R. PLUMMER aplummer at sprint.uccs.edu
Thu Jul 6 18:05:32 EST 1995

I am considering constructing a S. cerevisiae genomic libray and would
like opinions on the vector to work with.  I know that the Rose/
Botstein and Carlson/Botstein use YCp50 and Yep24 vectors respectively.
I would like to know if the Hieter Series of multicopy vectors (pRS
423, 424, 425 and 426) are a viable option for library construction.
I guess I should mention that I want a multicopy library.

I would also like to hear about any protocols for library construction
other than those found in the Guide to Yeast Genetics and Molecular
Biology, along with any tips and suggestions.

		-Al(aplummer at sprint.uccs.edu)