Help. Yeast genetic stock center

Francis Ouellette francis at BORDUAS.NLM.NIH.GOV
Mon Feb 27 17:58:40 EST 1995

> From: Elich at salk-sc2.salk.edu (Tedd Elich)
> Subject: Help. Yeast genetic stock center

> I need some info on the yeast genetic stock center.  How do I contact them
> to get a strain (phone number, e-mail address, mail address)?  Where can I
> get a list of strains?

Dear Ted,

from the yeast E-mail directory:

YEAST GENETIC STOCK CENTER      YGSC305 at VIOLET.BERKELEY.EDU

from the yeast FAQ:

(OK, I'm still working on it, but this info is in it!)

YGSC:

The Yeast Genetic Stock Center is in the process of making their
information available on the Internet via the Stanford Saccharomyces
Genome Database group.  Presently they distribute a printed
version of their catalogue, as well as a diskette with Mac MS Word
version of this document.

Their coordinates are:

YEAST GENETIC STOCK CENTER at BERKELEY

YGSC305 at VIOLET.BERKELEY.EDU

Rebecca. Contopoulou, Curator, YGSC
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology
Division of Genetics
University of California at Berkeley
CA 94720, USA

Phone: 510-642-0815