About competent cells.

Michael Moser moser at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Mon Feb 20 12:24:59 EST 1995

Dear Yeasties,

On 20 Feb 1995, Narushi Iizuka wrote:

> ...  Efficiency is 10^4 to 10^7 cfu per microgram pRS313 DNA,...

	I don't know about anyone else, but I would love to find out how
to get 10^7 cfu/mcg of DNA in transformations.  The best I've ever gotten
was 2 X 10^5 cfu/mcg and that was a miracle!
	We also freeze our cells, although the anecdotally the efficiency
seems to go down somewhat.

Sincerely,

Mike Moser                                             Tel: 206-543-5354
Department of Biochemistry  SJ-70                      FAX: 206-685-1792
University of Washington                          moser at u.washington.edu
Seattle, WA  98195                          Make peace my beast is yeast