demo of vitamine B1 as coenzyme

Andre Mondry ppimn01 at commlink.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Feb 13 17:00:51 EST 1995

Hi folks,

does anybody know about a SIMPLE experiment which demonstrates the functioning
of thiamine / amineurin as a coenzyme (possibly using yeast)? I need such a
thing for illustration to my pupils (high school level) - and this time in
preparation of a class during which my teaching abilities will be judged on!!!

Any help appreciated,

Maria Mondry,                       pharmacist and student teacher