Help : Pichia Pastoris

Sandra Louise Hawkes slh1 at st-and.ac.uk
Sun Feb 12 10:47:22 EST 1995

jpl at ibcp.fr (jpl at ibcp.fr) wrote:
: We are trying to express a recombinant protein in Pichia pastoris; we are
: just beginning , so we are not familiar with growth of yeast. We would like
: to know the optimal conditions for yeast culture :
:
:          - Shaking incubator
	Try 250-300 rpm

:          - Temperature
	Try 28-30 degrees C

:          - Aeration
	If inducing with methanol, use two layers of
	sterile cheesecloth/gauze to cover baffle flask

: 	        - Compatibility with antibiotic ?

This information is from the following source:

	the Pichia Expression Kit manual Version 3.0
	available from
		Invitrogen
		R&D Systems Europe Ltd.
		4-10 The Quadrant