anti-HA immunofluorescence

Tien-Hsien Chang tchang at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Wed Feb 8 12:32:03 EST 1995

     We are trying to localize a HA-tagged protein in cerevisiae by using BMB's
anti-mouse monoclonal.  We would appreciate that someone who has successfully
done the same or similar (using anti-HA) thing before to provide protocols or
suggestions.  I heard that this antibody appears to recognize nonspecific
proteins (containing HA-like epitopes) in the cerevisiae.  If so, how can this
be solved?  We are thinking about doing a preadsorption to yeast powder.  Is
this a good way?  Finally, does the strain genetic background matter?

     Thanks in advance.

                         Tien-Hsien Chang
                         Department of Molecular Genetics
                         The Ohio State University