chromosomal location of AXL1 ?

Francis Ouellette francis at BORDUAS.NLM.NIH.GOV
Wed Feb 1 00:08:27 EST 1995

> From: Duden at mendel.berkeley.edu
> Subject: RE: chromosomal location of AXL1 ?
> Date: 31 Jan 1995 18:49:01 -0800

> I need to know the chromosomal location of the AXL1 gene described
> in the article cited below (since I am interested in some suppressor
> gene that resides close to it - get the picture...?). The Saccharomyces
> Genome database in Stanford does not have it yet. Can anybody help ?

Rainer,

it appears to be on Chromosome XVI, next to a copper transport protein
gene.

If you blastn the sequence from AXL1 (accession number D17787), you
find identity to about the first 600 bp of this copper transporter gene
(on the 3' end of D17787), which has been assigned to XVI (see GenBank
accession number U02511).

Hope this helps,

francis

--
| B.F. Francis Ouellette
|
| francis at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

PS.  To know more about the blast programs, send an Email message with
     the word 'help' in it to blast at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov and you will recieve
     a couple of messages on how to use this program, and how to use the
     E-mail server.