thermotolerance

Solange S de Camargo scamargo at usp.br
Mon Dec 11 16:13:02 EST 1995

Hi yeasters,

Has anybody already heard about induction of thermotolerance by the
presence of plasmids? I'm asking because I had high levels of
thermoresistence in cells containing a plasmid (LEU2-2um based) when
compared to cells without this plasmid. Would it be possible?? Anybody
has some piece of information about this kind of phenomenon or by the
presence of leucine in the culture medium inducing resistance?

Thanks in advance,

So