DNA fragment from Chr XI wanted

Mike Cherry cherry at GENOME.STANFORD.EDU
Tue Dec 5 13:10:37 EST 1995

Michael A. McAlear (mmcalear at wesleyan.edu) wrote:
>         I am looking for a DNA fragment from S. cerevisiae that contains
> the YKL172w orf.  It is located near STE3 on chromosome XI.  Plasmids,
> cosmids or lambda clones would be fine.  Thanks in advance for your help.

The Olson cosmid and lambda clones are available from the ATCC.  You
can view the physical map through the WWW from the Saccharomyces
Genome Database at the URL below.  You want to find the Clone object
for YKL172w, there is a WWW search form specific for Clone objects.
Sorry for the databasese, but the elements of a physical map in the
software we are using are called Clone objects.  Viewing the physical
map for the region containing YKL172W you will see that the Wash U
clone 3657 (a lambda clone) covers that ORF.  Clicking on the
Description link for that clone you'll find that this is the ATCC
clone 70419.

You can obtain information from ATCC by calling 301-816-4361
(800-638-6597), http://www.atcc.org/ or gopher://gopher.atcc.org/

Mike

J. Michael Cherry                       Internet: cherry at genome.stanford.edu
Department of Genetics                  Stanford University School of Medicine
Medical Center, Room M311               Stanford, California  94305-5120
Voice: 415-723-7541                     FAX: 415-723-7016

    Addresses for the Saccharomyces Genome Database Project (SGD)
             e-mail:    yeast-curator at genome.stanford.edu
                ftp:    genome-ftp.stanford.edu
             Gopher:    genome-gopher.stanford.edu
                WWW:    http://genome-www.stanford.edu/