Titering Gal1 promoter

Jon Schmuke jjschm at ccmail.monsanto.com
Wed Aug 30 09:50:05 EST 1995

Hi all,

Does anyone know the best way to titer expression from the Gal1 promoter?
I am trying to get a handle on the expression level needed for an essential
enzyme that we knocked out in S. cerevisiae and replaced in pYES vector
behind the GAl1 promoter.  Is it better to down regulate it by induction
with galactose or by repressing with glucose in the presence of high
galactose?  Or is there a better expression system for controlled
expression?

Any help or comments appreciated.

Jon

Jon J. Schmuke                       jjschm at ccmail.monsanto.com