Small-scale yeast cell disruptions

Depto. Biologia Celular bc2biced at lucano.uco.es
Tue Aug 29 13:45:55 EST 1995

Jon, to obtain yeast's cell homogenate I use normally glass beads (0.5 mm
diameter) and vortexing. This method is very quick and provides a good cell
extract. If you need more information about this method you can reed this
reference: "Isolation and Biochemical Characterization of Organelles from
the Yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae" Erwin Zinser YEAST vol 11 1995 pp
493-536
Bye, good luck

Carlos Santos
Dept Biologia Celular