spt7

James I. Garrels jg at proteome.com
Thu Aug 10 14:49:57 EST 1995

adatta at bimcore.emory.edu wrote:
>Hi..
>
>does anyone know anything about the cerevisiae spt7
>gene....function...phenotype?
>any refs.?
>
>thanx
>adatta

The following information on Spt7p is from the YPD database.  Similar
reports are now automatically available for any yeast protein by sending
Email to yeast at proteome.com and putting the gene name or names in the
subject line.  Enter HELP in the subject line for more information.

Jim Garrels

|=======================================================================|
| MEMBER OF TBP CLASS OF SPT GENES THAT ALTER TRANSCRIPTION START       |
|   SITE SELECTION, CONTAINS A BROMODOMAIN                              |
| YPD NAME:      SPT7                                                   |
| SP/LISTA NAME: SPT7                                                   |
| SGD NAME:      SPT7                                                   |
| SYNONYM LIST:  SPT7/YBR0739/YBR081C                                   |
| GENBANK   #:   Z35950x1                 CHROMOSOME:         II        |
| PIR       #:   S41552                   INTRONS:            no        |
| SWISSPROT #:   P35177                   KNOCKOUT:           viable    |
| YEPD      #:                                                          |
| PI:            4.730                    SUBCELLULAR LOC:    nuc       |
| MOL WGT:       152526                   MOLEC ENVIRONMENT:  dna       |
| CODON BIAS:    0.049                    FUNCTION CATEGORY:            |
| CAI:           0.154                                                  |
| LEN:           1332                                                   |
| N-term modif:                           CDC28 sites, potential:  2    |
| C-term modif:                           CKII sites, potential:   23   |
| Phosphorylation:  unknown               PKA sites, potential:    29   |
| Glycosylation:    unknown               N-glc sites, potential:  13   |
| Precursor len:                          TM domains, potential:   0    |
| N-term seq (precursor):  mteripi                                      |
| N-term seq (mature):     mteripi                                      |
| C-term seq (mature):     slprlnq                                      |
| Refs:  38 1647 22074 22685 23386                                      |
|=======================================================================|
|-- required for transcription from Ty element                          |
|-- null mutants have slow growth and transcription of various          |
|     genes including INO1 and MFA1 is affected(23386)                  |
|-- null phenotype is similar to that of some spt15 mutations           |
|     (23386)                                                           |
|-- mutant has no affect on transcription by RNA polymerases I          |
|     or III(23386)                                                     |
|-- does not affect transcription from the TATA-less promoters          |
|     TRP3 and HIS3(23386)                                              |
|-- extremely acidic and runs slower than expected on SDS gels          |
|     (23386)                                                           |
|=======================================================================|

38.  Jungmann J; Reins HA; Lee J; Romeo A; Hassett R; Kosman D;
    Jentsch S.  MAC1, a nuclear regulatory protein related to
    Cu-dependent transcription factors is involved in Cu/Fe
    utilization and stress resistance in yeast.  EMBO J 12,
    5051-5056 (1993).
1647.  Haynes SR; Dollard C; Winston F; Beck S; Trowsdale J;
    Dawid IB.  The bromodomain: a conserved sequence found in
    human, Drosophila and yeast proteins.  Nucleic Acids Res
    20, 2603-2603 (1992).
22074.  Van der Aart QJ; Barthe C; Doignon F; Aigle M; Crouzet M;
     Steensma HY.  Sequence analysis of a 31 kb DNA fragment
    from the right arm of Saccharomyces cerevisiae chromosome
    II.  Yeast 10, 959-964 (1994).
22685.  Feldmann H; Aigle M; Aljinovic G; Andre B; Baclet MC;
    Barthe C; Baur A; Becam AM; Biteau N; Boles E; et al.
    Complete DNA sequence of yeast chromosome II.  EMBO J 13,
    5795-5809 (1994).
23386.  Gansheroff LJ; Dollard C; Tan P; Winston F.  The
    Saccharomyces cerevisiae SPT7 gene encodes a very acidic
    protein important for transcription in vivo.  Genetics 139,
    523-536 (1995).

James I. Garrels                        Tel (508) 922-1643
PROTEOME INC.                           FAX (508) 922-3971
181 Elliott St.,  Suite 909             Email jg at proteome.com
Beverly, MA 01915