Functional domain of URA3 gene product.

Shin-ichiro Hiraga shiraga4 at bio.sci.osaka-u.ac.jp
Wed Aug 9 05:26:24 EST 1995

Hi,
	Now I am planing disruption of the host URA3 gene. In one construct I
am currently considering, about 60 bp deletion (also frame shift) will
be introduced into almost center in the gene. In this construct, the ORF
initiated at original ATG will terminate near the deletion. Remaining
portion of the gene, however, will be translated in another frame from
upstream of the deletion/frame shift. My question is whether these two
polypeptide could function as URA3 gene product. Is there any
information about functional domain of URA3 gene product?
	Any information will be appreciated. Thanks.

Shin-ichiro Hiraga
Graduate student
Osaka University
shiraga4 at bio.sci.osaka-u.ac.jp