(no subject)

Ahlquist Lab anoueiry at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue Aug 8 10:55:04 EST 1995

Greetings yeasty buddies

	I have integrated two constructs expressing viral replication genes,
driven by a constitutive ADH1 promoter into the LEU2 and ADE2 loci. Only
the construct integrated into the LEU2 locus was expressed, and only
when it was in one direction relative to the LEU2 gene, but not the
other. I want to try integrating my other construct into a different
locus. I am only aware of positional effect in yeast around centromeres,
telomeres and replication foci, so if anybody has any information or
experience about the subject, please reply with any suggestions, or
comments.

								Amine