2 hybrid-integrating

Susan Heimer sheimer at umabnet.ab.umd.edu
Mon Aug 7 14:17:59 EST 1995

Greetings 2-hybrid system users:

	I am using the Brent 2-hybrid system to demonstrate an
interaction between 1 subunit of a trimer and an unrelated protein.
However, it is not clear whether this subunit will fold properly in the
absence of the other 2 subunits of the trimer.  It was suggested to me to
integrate the other 2 subunit genes if I find this is the case.

	Is anyone aware of appropriate constructs, strains (or
literature) that are compatible with integration in the Brent 2-hybrid
system?

	Any feelings about using pSH18-34spe (Steve Hanes) to integrate
both my subunits and the lacZ reporter?

	These are prokaryotic genes.  Do I require a yeast promoter for
expression?

Thank you for any help you can offer!!!!!

Sincerely,

Susan Heimer
University of Maryland at Baltimore