PET56 clone

DAVISE at FCRFV1.NCIFCRF.GOV DAVISE at FCRFV1.NCIFCRF.GOV
Thu Aug 3 07:43:32 EST 1995

Colin MacDiarmid wrote:

>...I am
>using his3D200
>allele, but found recently that this is associated with a petite phenotype (sin>ce the his3 deletion removes some of the promotor of the adjacent pet56 gene) ->so if I use a diploid his3D200 strain I cant sporulate it!...

I don't know about everyone else, but n my hands the his3D200 allele is not as-
sociated with a petite phenotype.  Also, I have sporulated several his3D200/
his3D200 diploids of various genetic backgrounds, without a problem.  So your
sporulation problem has nothing to do with the his3D200 allele.  I would get another strain.  Our lab has several his3D200 strains, and I can send some if you
want.

Ed Davis
Fort Detrick
Frederick, MD