two plasmids in yeast

Bert Popping Bert.Popping at durham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 28 06:17:44 EST 1994

Manuel G. CLAROS (claros at biologie.ens.fr) wrote:

: In my hands, it was always better to transform before with one and later with
: the other. In both electroporation and LiCl methods

If you have enough plasmid DNA to transform with, it doesn't matter (for
most strains) if you transform two plasmids at the same time. The
transformation efficiency is slightly lower but it still works and is
less time consuming. The only thing you have to find out is if your
strain transforms better with the LiAc method or the electroporation method.
Protocols for cotransformation are basically the same as for single
plasmid transformation but if you use the electroporation method and put
more plasmid DNA in, you might have to change the parameters to get the
expected time constant (you'll probably have to increase the resistant).
Good luck.

Bert

| 	Dr. B. Popping				                          |
| 	University of Durham			    			  |
| 	Dept. Biol. Sci. 	  PHONE   +44 91 374 7576 	          |
| 	South Road                FAX     +44 91 374 2417 	          |
| 	Durham DH1 3LE	          E-MAIL  Bert.Popping at durham.ac.uk       |
| 	ENGLAND			  					  |
|	WWW set pointer to:   http://www.dur.ac.uk/~dbl1bp (my home page) |
|	WWW set pointer to:   http://www.dur.ac.uk/~dbl0zz3 (Dept. Biol.) |