two plasmids in yeast

Manuel G. CLAROS claros at biologie.ens.fr
Wed Oct 26 14:35:25 EST 1994

In Article <38j7fkINNg9d at early-bird.think.com>,
brennan at mbcrr.dfci.harvard.edu (Richard John Brennan) wrote:
>It is quite feasible to transform S. cerevisiae with two plasmids at
>once. During transformation a percentage of the cells become
>highly permeable to the DNA, therefore these cells are almost as likely
>to take up one plasmid as two, thus saving you loads of time doing
>consecutive transformations.

In my hands, it was always better to transform before with one and later with
the other. In both electroporation and LiCl methods

                          // \\          // \\  // \\        La cultura no es
Manuel G. CLAROS         \': | \\      // | :,\\': | \\      un penoso dolor;
Ecole Normale Superieure  \\ | | \\  // | | //  \\ | | \\    es un gozoso
Genetique Moleculaire       \\ | :,\\': | //      \\ | :,\\  privilegio.
46 rue d'Ulm                  \\ //  \\ //          \\ //      J. A.
75230 Paris Cedex 05            claros at biologie.ens.fr         Vallejo-Nagera