two plasmids in yeast

gibbs at sbsu1.auckland.ac.nz gibbs at sbsu1.auckland.ac.nz
Mon Oct 24 19:03:18 EST 1994

Hi
I have URA3 and LEU2 plasmids with 2 micron replication origins, and want
to look at growth of a strain maintaining both plasmids.  Firstly, can I
do this and second, how do I transform the strain - put one plasmid in at
a time, or both together and select for both markers at once?  I suppose
to use the second method I would need a pretty good transformation
frequency.  Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks

Colin MacDiarmid
University of Auckland, New Zealand, South Pacific.